Conditions of admission
Late admission to the courses is possible with Degree Equivalency Committees. Any student holding a French or foreign higher education degree, preferably in an artistic field, can apply (BTS, Licence, DNMADE, DNA, Bachelor, Master, etc…). The eligible applicants submit a portfolio containing personal work, a cover letter and proof of their ECTS to the committee.
The maximum age limit for applying is 28, except derogation by the board. The levels of admission to courses are governed by the recommendations of the Ministry of Culture.
Dates of the Commissions
- First Degree Equivalency Committee for undergraduate admission:19 February 2021 (online registration from 15 January to 12 February 2021).
- Second Degree Equivalency Committee for graduate-level admission: 30 March 2021 (online registration from 22 February to 23 March 2021).
- Third Degree Equivalency Committee (undergraduate and graduate levels): 27 May 2021 (online registration from 15 April to 20 May).
(Caution : For logistical reasons, only the Committees held on the 19 February and 30 March 2021 are accessible to non-French speaking applicants).
Registration to degree equivalence committees is via our online application form duly completed and signed (accessible online when applications are open).
Registration must be completed by sending an artistic and an administration folder.
Artistic Folder for undergraduate admission
- a portfolio
- a cover letter
Artistic Folder for graduate admission
- A letter of intent defining the applicant’s field of research (PDF)
(questions posed or issues to be considered, scopes of practice, elements of the process launched). It should include 5 bibliographic and 5 artistic references in relation to the formulation of the issues. / between 3000 and 6000 typographic characters.
- A cover letter (PDF).
The letter should specify which academic programme and research field are requested. The letter should link the research intent to the particularities of the graduate studies at ESAD Orléans, and clearly state why the applicant wishes to be admitted.
- A portfolio representing the applicant’s artistic work (PDF).
It shouId contain at least 5 works including:
- The personal project for the Diplôme National d’Art (research in progress and diploma project submitted)
- At least 3 projects executed in the 2nd and 3rd years.
- A selection of works from the research and experimental phases demonstrating the scope of practices and techniques involved.
- Each element presented in the portfolio should be accompanied with a caption stating its nature (class or personal project, individual or group project…).
The three files must be under the applicant’s name (e.g.: clemens_portfolio_commission2cycle.pdf)
Administration folder for both undergraduate and graduate levels
- A copy of school reports certifying the obtention of the ECTS necessary to join the requested level ; if appropriate add a certificate of school attendance, for the academic year 2019-20.
- A copy of higher education certificates (CEAP, DNA, CESAP, BTS, Licence, Master…), with a French translation for foreigners. The original may be required at the final registration. In certain cases, the foreign diploma may have to be authenticated as a true copy by the National Degree Equivalency Commission.
- A copy of a valid identity card or passport.
- Payment of 35,00 € (non-refundable) covering file management by bank transfer to:
Bank details: TPORLEANS
Account holder: ETS REC EPCC ESAD ORLÉANS
Subject of the transfer: Commission / applicant’s name
IBAN : FR76 1007 1450 0000 0010 0106 312
BIC : TRPUFRP1
Proof of transfer payment must be attached to your online application if you choose this method of payment.
- For non-French applicants: the original of a (TCF) French Knowledge test with a result between 400 and 499 points or a DELF B2 (if you have neither of these documents, we will not be able to process your file). These tests can be taken abroad in universities, French Institutes, Alliances françaises or any other centre certified by France Éducation International.
Sending the application (artistic and administrative folder)
The application should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the registration deadline. We do not recommend waiting until the last-minute of the closing date for registration to send your files.. Any incomplete folder will be disregarded.
Results are communicated in the two weeks following the commissions.