Give value to your career, promote dialogue between artistic cultures, go abroad! Thanks to its network of international partner schools, Orléans School of Art and Design offers its students the opportunity to go on an exchange stay. Exchange programmes allow fourth year students to study abroad for a semester or a full year.
Terms and conditions
- During your stay abroad, you remain a student at Orléans School of Art and Design and are exempt from registration fees at the host university.
- You study subjects similar to those you would have taken in France, which allows you, subject to passing the exams, to validate your credits on your return to Orléans thanks to the ECTS system, which facilitates the academic recognition of periods of study abroad.
- You benefit from a privileged welcome and simplified procedures.
- You benefit from financial support whatever your resources.
- You benefit from a pedagogical framework.
You can apply to join one of our 39 partner schools as an exchange student. This mobility is made possible in Europe with the Erasmus+ programme, in Quebec with the BCI programme and elsewhere in the world thanks to bilateral agreements between institutions.
By leaving on exchange programs you will follow courses equivalent to your French program, in the language of the country or in English, you will take your exams on the spot, obtain marks that will be validated and taken into account to obtain your Master degree according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
Each mobility must be anticipated! For departures on study mobility, the file must be completed from the 3rd year. To prepare it:
- Participate in the presentation of the mobility schemes during the #ErasmusDays
- Talk to your coordinator about your mobility project
- Fill in the online application form before January 15th of the academic year preceding the mobility
- Prepare your file for the partner school (CV, cover letter, portfolio in English or in the language of the host country)
- Ask the international relations manager about the timetable and application procedures for the host institution.
Consult the international tool box on the school drive. There you will find direct links to the schools’ websites and some practical information as well as reports from students who have left in previous years. Ask the students who left the previous year or the international students present at the school.
In addition, don’t hesitate to consult the guide “Studying and training abroad” produced by ESN.
Think about perfecting your language level and investing in your English courses.
If you are going on a supervised mobility programme, you can benefit from an Erasmus+ grant for destinations to one of the programme member countries and from the grant from the Centre-Val de Loire Region, Mobi-Centre, for all destinations. Both grants can be combined for study mobility but not for internship mobility. Other financial support may be awarded depending on the destination, such as the OFAJ grant for students going to Germany.
Erasmus+ scholarship (mobility in europe)
For a study mobility of 3 to 12 months, the monthly amount of the Erasmus+ grant differs according to the country of destination:
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom: 270 €/month.
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain: €220/month
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey: €170/month
The amount of the Mobicentre scholarships depends on the student’s destination zone:
Europe : 175 €/month
Outside Europe : 262,50 €/month
Each student has a 12-month “time credit” abroad, spread over the course of his or her higher education studies. It is up to them to use it as they wish and according to their course of study.
Scholarship from the Franco-German Youth Office
For a study mobility in Germany of at least 2 months and up to 5 months, a scholarship from the FGYO can be awarded. The amount is 300€/month plus a flat rate for travel costs.
International relations manager